Thursday, March 8, 2012

Tuesdays With Morrie-Love

I absolutely loved the movie Tuesdays With Morrie. This movie was so jam packed with amazing and valuable and deep life lessons. Morrie was an incredibly wise and admirable man. In the movie, Morrie says, "we think we don't deserve love, that if we let it come in, we'll become soft. " I do think that Americans are afraid of loving and showing that they love someone. They are afraid of showing love because they fear that the person they love is going to hurt them in some way, or they are afraid of losing this person. They are also afraid to care too much because sometimes the other person might not care as much. People are afraid to grow closer and build emotional attachments with others because the possibility of losing this person is too difficult to bear. Love is built on trust, and sometimes we fear that this trust will be broken and it is painful to deal with. I've had experiences where I've had my trust broken by people that I thought I loved, and it became extremely difficult to finally let people in again. Real love and romantic love are two different things, but I think that romantic love can turn into real love however, I do agree that romantic love is not as long lasting as real love is. Romantic love begins with infatuation. Real love is unconditional. Real love is a commitment and it requires lots of time to grow. Real love is based on eternal dedication, a desire to spend your life with, and care about someone no matter what the situation could be.

1 comment:

  1. I like what you said about how love is built on trust. We get worried about loving someone because we don't want that bond of trust to be broken.

    ReplyDelete