Monday, February 20, 2012

A Bronx Tale-Groups

This week we watched a really good movie called a Bronx Tale. I really enjoyed this movie alot. Not only was it funny, but it had a really good storyline. Calogero is a part of many different groups in his life. One group that Calogero was a part of, was his family. Another group that he belonged to was with his circle of friends.Calogero felt conflicted with this group. He always felt uneasy when they would do certain things, that he knew he didn't want to do, but he felt like he had to sometimes. I thought that Calogero's master status throughout his life was always being in Sunny's group. These are the people that Calogero spent most of his time with. More importantly, Sunny was the one he spent the most time with. In the movie, Calogero said that Sunny was like a father to him which meant that Calogero had an extremely deep connection to Sunny. When he was young, he looked up to Sunny and spent most of his time at the bar with him. In my life, I consider my master status as being a member of my family. My family is extremely important to me and it always will be. These are the people that I spend most of my time with and I have grown up with. I have considered being a part of my family for ny whole life, and I don't think that it will change.

2 comments:

  1. I liked the different details that you described about the master status of C in the movie "A Bronx Tale." I agree with you on all of this.

    ~Liv

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree about C's relationship with Sonny being his "master status" throughout the movie, although I also thought that he struggled with balancing the relationships between Sonny and his father. I agree with your post and I'd say that my master status is being part of my family as well.

    ReplyDelete